Associate Professor, PhD
(+359) 2 9793575
email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Main fields of research
- Non-equilibrium statistical mechanics;
- Information theory;Nano-engineering.
For more than a decade my interest is focused on the systematic development of a new theory called boundedness for explanation of the difficulties which complex system behavior poses to the traditional approach. It turns out that these difficulties are so fundamental that needs new approach for their explanation. One of the great merits of the concept of boundedness is that it successfully fills the gap between general biology, physics and artificial intelligence.
Maria K. Koleva have been working on years long project so that to put forward a systematic general theory about transformation of a system of constituents into a system of specifiable agents which respond to external stimuli in an intelligent-like manner. The proposed approach fundamentally develops both the physics and the information theory and puts the relation between them on novel grounds by establishing the foundation for realization of a functional circuit capable to autonomous organization of information in a hierarchy of semantic structures along with it autonomous comprehending and autonomous creating of information.
The major publications are available at arXiv.org and are summarized in a recently published book "Boundedness and Self-Organized Semantics: Theory and Applications" IGI-Global, Hershey PA, USA, 2012, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-2202-9, ISBN13: 9781466622029, ISBN10: 1466622024, EISBN13: 9781466622036, http://www.igi-global.com/book/boundedness-self-organized-semantics-theory/67417.
1. Maria K. Koleva (2017) “Concept of Boundedness and Its Exclusive Property Semantic Intelligence”, in Encyclopedia of Information Sciences and Technology, 4-th Edition, Ed. Mehdi Khosrow-Pour, IGI –Global USA, in press
2. Maria Koleva, (2015) “Boundedness and Self-Organized Semantics”, Video Book of 1h 45 min, IGI-Global, Hershey, USA: 1466697016; EISBN13: 9781466697010| DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-9701-0 after login go to: http://www.igi-global.com/video/boundedness-applied-self-organized-semantics/137626
3. Maria K. Koleva,( 2012) “Boundedeness and Self-Organized Semantics: Theory and Applications”, IGI-Global, Hershey PA, USA, , DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-2202-9, ISBN13: 9781466622029, ISBN10: 1466622024, EISBN13: 9781466622036 http://www.igi-global.com/book/boundedness-self-organized-semantics-theory/67417
4. M. K. Koleva and L. A. Petrov, (2005) “”Chaotic” Kinetics, Macroscopic Fluctuations and Long-Term Stability”, chapter 9 in “Trends in Chemical Physics Research”, Eds. A. N. Linke, Nova Publishers Inc., New York, ISBN:1-59454-483-2, pp.167-193,
5. M.K. Koleva, “Fluctuations and Long-Term Stability: from Coherence to Chaos” http://arXiv.org/physics/0512078
6. M.K. Koleva and V. Covachev, (2001)“Common and Different Features Between the Behavior of the Chaotic Dynamical Systems and the 1/f^alpha-Type Noise”, Fluct. Noise Lett., vol.1, iss.2, R131-R149
7. Maria K. Koleva,(2016) Non-Recursive Relations Structure-Functionality. Journal of Modern Physics, 7, 477-488 http://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=64906
8. Maria K. Koleva, (2015) Temperature and Concentration under Boundedness. Journal of Modern Physics, 6, 1149-1155. doi: 10.4236/jmp.2015.68118.
Major recent papers available at arXiv.org:
9. Maria K. Koleva, (2014) “Boundedeness and Self-Organized Semantics: On the best Survival Strategy in an Ever Changing Environment”, http://arxiv.org/abs/1403.2583
10. M. K. Koleva, (2010),“Is Semantics Physical?!” https://arxiv.org/abs/1009.1470.