||Institute of Catalysis
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Institute of Catalysis
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Acad. G. Bonchev St., Bldg. 11,
Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Tel: +359 2 9793563;
fax: +359 2 9712967;
(+359 2) 9793578
Main fields of research
- Preparation, modification and characterization of heterogeneous catalysts defined structure and properties;
- Innovative technologies for synthesis and application of nanosized layered double hydroxides and phyllosilicates;
- Catalysis for environmental protection, human health and quality of life, hydrogen energy, utilization of important economic resources;
- Catalytic activity of nanosized metal and metal oxide catalysts in fine removal of CO2 from hydrogen-rich gas streams by hydrogenation of CO2 to methane (methanation), partial hydrogenation of vegetable oils, conversion of CO by water vapor, CO oxidation;
- Nanosized ceramic pigments;
- Design of supported metal catalytic systems and ceramic materials used as anodes for hydrogen fuel cells;
- Disclosure of correlations between methods of preparation, structure, catalytic activity and selectivity.
- M. Gabrovska, J. Krstić, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, M. Stanković, D. Jovanović, “The influence of the support on the properties of nickel catalysts for edible oil hydrogenation”, Appl. Catal. A-Gen., 299, 73, 2006.
- M. Stanković, M. Gabrovska, J. Krstić, P. Tzvetkov, M. Shopska, Ts. Tsacheva P. Banković, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, D. Jovanović, “Effect of silver modification on structure and catalytic performance of Ni-Mg/diatomite catalysts for edible oil hydrogenation”, J. Mol. Catal. A-Chem., 297, 54, 2009.
- M. Gabrovska, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, K. Tenchev, P. Tzvetkov, A. Spojakina, L. Petrov, “Effect of Co-content on the structure and activity of Co-Al hydrotalcite-like materials as catalyst precursors for CO oxidation”, Appl. Catal. A-Gen., 399, 242, 2011.
- M. Gabrovska, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, D. Crişan, P. Tzvetkov, M. Shopska, I. Shtereva, “Ni-Al layered double hydroxides as catalyst precursors for CO2 removal by methanation”, React. Kinet. Mech. Cat., 105, 79, 2012.
- M. Gabrovska, V. Idakiev, K. Tenchev, D. Nikolova, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, D. Crisan, “Catalytic performance of Ni-Al Layered Double Hydroxides in CO purification processes”, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A, 87, 2152, 2013.
- M. Gabrovska, D. Crişan, N. Stănică, D. Nikolova, L. Bilyarska, M. Crişan, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, “Co-Al layered double hydroxides as precursors of ceramic pigment CoAl2O4. Part I: phase composition”, Rev. Roum. Chim., 59, 447, 2014.
- M. Gabrovska, N. Stănică, D. Crişan, D. Nikolova, L. Bilyarska, M. Crişan, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, “Co-Al layered double hydroxides as precursors of ceramic pigment CoAl2O4. Part II: magnetic and tint properties”, Rev. Roum. Chim., 59, 453, 2014.
- J. Krstić, M. Gabrovska, D. Lončarević, D. Nikolova, V. Radonjić, N. Vukelić, D. Jovanović, “Influence of Ni/SiO2 activity on the reaction pathway in sunflower oil hydrogenation”, Chem. Eng. Res. Des., 100, 72, 2015.
- M. Stanković, Ž. Čupić, M. Gabrovska, P. Banković, D. Nikolova, D. Jovanović, “Characteristics and catalytic behavior of supported NiMgAg/D catalysts in partial hydrogenation of soybean oil”, React. Kinet. Mech. Cat., 115, 105, 2015.
- M. V. Gabrovska, R. M. Edreva-Kardjieva, M. G. Shopska, D. A. Nikolova, L. P. Bilyarska, D. Crişan, M. Crişan, “Purification of hydrogen-rich streams from CO2 by methanation”, Bulg. Chem. Commun., 47, Special issue C, 66, 2015.