||Institute of Catalysis
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Institute of Catalysis
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Acad. G. Bonchev St., Bldg. 11,
Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Tel: +359 2 9793563;
fax: +359 2 9712967;
Associate Professor, PhD
(+359 2) 9793578
Main fields of research
- Nanosized metal and metal oxide catalysts with new controlled and pre-specify characteristics and catalytic properties;
- Catalysis related to environmental protection;
- Design of catalytic systems based on non-precious metals deposited on carbon and ceramic materials for use as anode in hydrogen fuel cells;
- Nanosized layered materials;
- Study the relationship between composition, structure and catalytic behavior of the created catalysts;
- Catalytic reactions: water-gas shift reaction with sulfur-tolerant catalysts; fine removal of CO2 from hydrogen-rich gas streams by methanation; vegetable oil hydrogenation.
- D. Nikolova, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, G. Gouliev, T. Grozeva, P. Tzvetkov, “The state of (K)(Ni)Mo/-Al2O3 catalysts after water-gas shift reaction in the presence of sulphur in the feed: XPS and EPR study”, Appl. Catal. A-Gen., 297, 135, 2006.
- D. Nikolova, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, T. Grozeva, G. Gouliev, “A comparative studies on the XPS methods for determination on the particle size of the molybdenum supported catalysts” Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, E. Balabanova, I. Dragieva (Eds.), Heron Press Sci. Ser., Sofia, 6, 53, 2006.
- D. Nikolova, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, M. Giurginca, A. Meghea, J. Vakros, G. Voyiatzis, Ch. Kordulis, “The effect of potassium addition on the state of the components in the oxide precursor of the (Ni)(Mo)/γ-Al2O3 water-gas shift catalysts: FT-IR, Diffuse Reflectance and Raman spectroscopic studies”, Vib. Spectrosc., 44, 343, 2007.
- D. Nikolova, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, T. Grozeva, “Water–gas shift activity of K-promoted (Ni)Mo/γ-Al2O3 systems in sulphur-containing feed”, React. Kinet. Mech. Cat., 103, 71, 2011.
- D. Nikolova, J. Krstić, L. Spasov, D. Simeonov, D. Lončarević, Pl. Stefanov, D. Jovanović, “Surface properties of the Ni-silica gel catalyst precursors for the vegetable oil hydrogenation process: N2 sorption and XPS studies”, Russ. Phys. Chem. A, 85, 2380, 2011.
- M. Gabrovska, V. Idakiev, K. Tenchev, D. Nikolova, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, D. Crisan, “Catalytic performance of Ni-Al Layered Double Hydroxides in CO purification processes”, Russ. Phys. Chem. A, 87, 2152, 2013.
- D. Nikolova, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, E. Serwicka, R. Dula, T. Grozeva, “State of the components of (K)(Ni)W/γ-Al2O3 catalysts as oxide precursors and after water-gas shift reaction in the presence of sulphur”, Appl. Catal. A-Gen., 480, 108, 2014.
- M. Stanković, Ž. Čupić, M. Gabrovska, Pr. Banković, D. Nikolova, D. Jovanović, “Characteristics and catalytic behavior of supported NiMgAg/D catalysts in the partial hydrogenation of soybean oil”, React. Kinet. Mech. Cat., 115, 105, 2015.
- J. Krstić, M. Gabrovska, D. Lončarević, D. Nikolova, V. Radonjić, N. Vukelić, D. Jovanović, “Influence of Ni/SiO2 activity on the reaction pathway in sunflower oil hydrogenation”, Chem. Eng. Res. Des., 100, 72, 2015.
- D. Nikolova, J. Vakros, T. Grozeva, A. Lycourghiotis, G. Tyuliev, R. Edreva-Kardjieva, Ch. Kordulis, “Effect of tungsten deposition method on K-modified NiW/-Al2O3 as sulphur-tolerant water-gas shift reaction catalyst”, Appl. Catal. A-Gen., 506, 14, 2015.